Wednesday, April 14, 2004

BLOG 13 April 2004


Well, it seemed to have been months since I last updated this blog of mine.

These past 3 months had been tiring, stressful and gay (e-hem). I finally moved out of the top flat at Nicolson Street mid February and now happily settled down in this band new block of apartments at the foot of Leith Walk.

The flat is very nice, 2 large sized patios, a nice sized kitchen, spacious rooms and 2 bathrooms. The rent is cheaper compared to that nitty gritty li’l pigeon hole at Nicolson Street. The four of us, me, Kak Anis, Che Dean and Zam are quite proud of the flat as we ae the first tenants, everything is nw and is furnished from top to bottom with stuff from IKEA. Vasst!

I’m currently on one of my final projects for my MFA degree. I’m studying the designs by John Byrne for his adaptation of Uncle Vanya by Chekhov. It really is challenging as I had never read Chekhov…shame on me. I discovered a whole new world and I am very intrigued by this. I think Chekhov is great as he is able to put real people and real life situation on stage (these are borrowed words from John Byrne-and I can’t agree more). That is what drama, theatre is all about, a celebration of life or fantasy, no matter you’d been in that situation or not, no matter what the consequences are, it is all make believe yet alive and kicking.

I turned 27 last February. Getting older, but I am wondering if I am getting any wiser. It worries me. Lots of issues play at the back of my head regarding my future, and the fear of facing it is also another matter. Well, as Cheryl would say, let nature takes it path. I guess it’s best to do whatever it takes and pasrah to the Allmighty. Get the work done first, do the best and then pasrah & tawakkal.

London. 23rd March – 29th March. I had to renew my passport as it would expire in July. I purchased the GBP25 return ticket. I met up with Ras to catch up on gossips and just to hang out. It really is very nice to meet up a familiar face in a cosmopolitan city away from home. We went to watch Les Miserables at the Palace, got quite good seats for 15 quid each. That week would be the last week Les Mis. Would be performing there after god knows how many years, it would move to another theatre somewhere in the west end. We even lepaked at Kudos and adjourned to Heaven. It’s my first time going clubbing in London, a city which is known for its nightlife (and I guess that is the only thing that people do…he he he). Come Friday, I took a train from Waterloo Station to Guildford to meet up with Cheryl, it was such a lovely train trip, beautiful country side and it was sunny. I stayed at Che’ Bun’s place, just walking distance from Cheryl’s room at the Uni of Surrey. Theres lots of things to catch up on with Cheryl as the last time we met was in year 2000 and we’d been chatting on Yahoo Messenger mos of the time. I find Guildford to be a very small self contained township, everything is walking distance. For lunch on the day of my arrival, Che’ Bun made Tom Yam and peas with calamari. Tasty. Cheryl even introduced me to his friend Taufik, Iman, Bao etc. Everybody was very warm and welcoming. I really had the time of my life (yeah…for the don’t-know-how-many-hundred-times-of-my-life!) They even brought me to a PROPER car boot sale ( the one in Edinburgh is really SAD!) bought hot hair curlers for 2 quid! And it was only used once! LOL! That Sunday I returned to London and stayed at Ras’s for the night. Oh yea, went to watch Lion King the night before going to Guildford. Roar! The only tickets I got was the standing tickets at the far back of the Grand Circle. At least I get to watch it.

The following Friday, Taufik was in Edinburgh, so Cheryl had asked me to take him around, and so after Friday prayers, I met him and Bul outside the Scottish Museum. We then toured the museum and brought him to the Royal Mile, and walked, walked and walked to almost anywhere that I thought interesting. On Sunday night I cooked Taufik and Bul dinner. I made Lamb Caserole, with buttered rice, salad and Yorkshire pudding. Glad they liked it. Taufik left for Manchester that Monday evening.

Wednesday. Cheryl and Che’ Bun and Zaidi arrived in Edinburgh at about 9pm. I was still at work. Oh yeah, Footloose was on the Playhouse last week. I had marinated chicken from the afternoon and fried them as I got back from work. Zam had cooked the rice, we had a very LATE supper. That night I chatted with Cheryl till we just dozed off. Anyway Cheryl, if u r reading this, u’d remember how GILA we got right? And the discussion topics….LOL! (Lagu Lara Hati by KATON)

Thursday. They went up north, touring Scotland whilst I attended another production meeting for Nozomi’s production for Monday Lab and the Fringe. I made Lasagna for dinner, in fact, I made 2 trays of it. That was the best Lasagna I had made so far. Even somebody in Guildford got to sample it. Tee hee hee (giggle-giggle-wiggle). That Friday, we went to all the tourist attraction around Edinburgh. Took SO MANY photographs. I really enjoyed myself because I had never ever really taken so many photos before and what more with the company of Cheryl. That night, after work and some food, we celebrated Zaidi’s birthday and not long after me and Cheryl headed off to CC Blooms (its FREE ok!) and just danced till 2.30 am…he he he.

After 3 nights in Edinburgh, Che Bun and company headed back south and left me, alone.

I just wondered what would happen if I suddenly write EXPLICIT stuff here? Should I? hmmm….no lah! Somebody had asked me to do so la kan…so sorry la.

My fotopage

http://poissondepisces.fotopages.com


My Mobile

My mobile is on T-Mobile
The others on Voda
Thank goodness my prepaid is a Voda
Keep calling my Voda
Disturb me doing Yoga
Like I do yoga?


My mobile is on T-Mobile
The others on Voda
Why has it not rung?
Or it had?
Pls call my mobile.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home