Friday, January 09, 2004

RAINY WINDY DAY

Woke up today with a sore throat…inflamed tonsils…ughh..had to take some erythromycin.

And today I fetched my sister’s friend who is pursuing his MSc at my university. I left for the airport by bus at Waverly Station at about 945 and got to the airport by 1025. By then the flight had already landed. As I walked towards the baggage claim, I happened to bump into my sister’s friend. I then took him back to my flat. At that moment the electrician was around, sanding off excess plaster on the ceiling. What dusty mess they left behind – again!.

After resting for about an hour, I brought my guest out for lunch at Kebab Mahal. We had a small portion of mixed kebab. After lunch we walked around Old Town, The Royal Mile and then to Princess Street, just to familiarize him to Edinburgh City Centre.

As the day was as gray as ever, we decided after I did some grocery shopping, we would just retire at home. Thank goodness the people who were supposed to fix the fireproof doors did not come today! I prepared the guest room next and asked my guest to rest.

Che’ Amud, my guest’s uncle had given him packets of Brahim Asam Pedas paste and had requested me to cook it for dinner. With some salmon fillet I bought earlier at Tesco’s I made the instant Asam Pedas with ladies fingers. I also made stir fried vegetables and cooked rice.

I finally got to watch the talked about Juara Lagu 2003. My mom taped it for me and passed it thru my guest. I must say that Misha Omar did a superb job and me, being such a drama queen, was overwhelmed when she belted out Bunga-Bunga Cinta. I even shed a tear when she was announced the winner! Gosh! After watching her performance live at Bleu Bar in September, I know that I would be her big fan. I hope she stays the way she is. I am even more excited to watch her acting in Yusof Haslam’s Gerak Khas the movie 3 (me????)

Anyway, today had been a nice day for me, despite the gray skies and drops of rain.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home