Friday, January 02, 2004

Assalamualaikum warrahmatullah, sempena menyambut tahun baru 2004 ni, saye kinda nak start blogging balik, this would be my last 9 months in Scotland. Ibarat ibu mengandung, i hope i tak gugur ke ape2 ke dalam mas 9 bulan ni.

Tanggungjawab yang i pikul ni quite heavy, i kinda see that its SO BIG when i return to Malaysia in Sept or Oct 2004. I would be a somebody in the academic field, especially in my field Performing Arts, i know the expectation that is expected of me in the future and i am quite scared to face it, kurang yakin probably, but i guess, this fear would have to be dealt with. Tak cuba tak tahu.

Looking back at 2003, personally macam-macam saya timba pengalaman di perantauan. Tahun 2003 juga banyak membuat saya mencermin dan memuhasabah diri saya dan begitu banyak kenangan pahit dan manis yangsaya tempuhi. What ever it is, I am so greatfull to Allah for giving me a chance to experience what i've experienced thru out that 12 month period.

Among my sweet memories include my attachment as a costume designer for Mak Yong Raja Tangkai Hati in August. I finallyhad a taste of being a designer in our very own Istana Budaya. Eventhough the work process differ so much from my text books (hmmm....) but, i have faith that in years to come, it would be at par with American and British standards ( pls dont get me wrong ok! bukan nak membanggakan depa! tapi sebab cara kerja depa tu dah terlalu established, che' tak tahu nak kata ape la kan....) Anyway, i strongly think that the ministry should send more people abroad to experience what its like working behind the scenes of a production.

Walaupun i am not that happy dgn results of the costume i designed (mainly because some of my ideas 'tidak boleh dipakai' < hmmm....bukanke idea itu very personal?>) but maily sebab i did not get a hand at all in the making up of the costume and accessories. Takpelah, in future there would be moreproductions to design anyway.....

==============================================

overall, 2003 for me is just like a sweet and sour dish. The taste buds go wild upon chewing the mixed morsels of spicy capsicums, sweet pineapple pieces, sourish tomato bits and the crispness of the battered fish..........banyak sangat perkara yang berlaku.

Anyway, its winter now.....Hogmanay 2004 sucks, because theres no fireworks display to mark the beginning of this new year. Probably it would be another sweet and sour fish dish? I would not know. Insyaalah, I would keep on blogging and tell more about my last 9 months in th UK.

hmmmmmm........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home