Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Journal 16032003

Assalamualaikum

Uni server went down again. So fed up, that explains my first few short and sharp (?) sentences.

Anyway, had a fine day today, it was misty the whole morning and when it lifted…the sun shone above Edinburgh, inviting all its inhabitants to come out in the streets and celebrate the day. I was one of them.

Anyway, had an appointment for tea today, at Bill and Nan Laird’s, my friend’s mom’s friend when she was studying here in Edinburgh (guess that was in the 80’s). Went out at 12.30 and went straight to Marks and Spencer to buy a bouquet of flowers. SO I ended up buying Tulips…pink ones..

Walked over to their place at Lauriston Gardens from Nicolson Street via Bristo Square.
Well, they are such a lovely couple and they used to be in the International Club, where they play host to International Students studying in Edinburgh. Nan served me Ginger and Cherry sandwiches (its Polish) and Truffles…..pretty English…with Tea and milk of course! I was served with their clan tea set, What an honour that was! (they belong ti the Robertson clan). After about 2 hours chatting over tea, I made my way back to Nicolson Street to Anis’s flat for the Tahlil. I got there and bumped into Ajie…with Ozzie (the cat, not Osbourne) and went straight up. They had just finished the Tahlil when I got there and I was still full, so I did not eat anything. Anis prepared Kueh Teow Goreng and popiah….ooooo la la! Haven’t had that for months!

After the guests had gone back, we had a charade session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home