Friday, March 14, 2003

Journal 13032003

Assalamualaikum,

Alhamdulillah, I manage to fast today. it went smoothly and I did really enjoyed it. At first I thought it was going to be hard, because psychologically it was not Ramadhan.

I went out after Zuhur prayers at about 12-ish. I went to the mailroom at the main building, hoping to get my long awaited mail from Holiday Inn Express (remember my keys?)…hmmm….nothing. but, there was a letter in a plain envelop for me. Hmm..Who is it from? So I opened it, an interview letter from the playhouse! Yeahhhh! I’ve got an interview on Tuesday, 18th March at 2pm. Well, I’m gonna call them tomorrow to confirm. Alhamdulillah, just what I needed…a job.

On my way to Gateway on the no 26, I started to read Stage Make Up by Richard Corson. I just realized it had a few chapters that would really help me do up the module. When I got to Gateway, Marina was already setting off for her interview and she gave me a copy of The Mystery of Irma Vep by Charles Ludlum. Have to read this play ASAP, ughh,…more script reading! Anyway, this play would be very challenging as it involves quick changes for costume and make up.

I left for the Leith Campus library after that. Went to return books and borrowed MORE books. Well, the books at the library just makes me go MAD! I want to have each and every one of them!! The range of books on Costume Design and Stage Make up over whelms me every time I go to the 792.026 shelves!

Borrowed 4 books on costuming and make up, for further reading to add on to my module.

Went to Old Town after that, got to the King Fahd Mosque about 3.30, just in time for Asr Jemaa, went straight to the party shop to collect my wig after that. I just noticed they also had dragees (almond sweets) and little packages to put them in! sooo cute! I would be buying some for my sister’s engagement and send them back via post.

I paid a visit to the Charity Shops on Clark Street…got some clothes for Spring. One thing though here, second-hand clothes are even more worthwhile to invest in rather than new ones, cheap and the selection of brands is just great. Leez, if you were reading this, would love it! All the clothes for u to dirrag in! all less then 8 pounds! Anyway, I went to EBS to buy some files and folders…. nothing much there…oh yeah, I went to this cake decorating shop next to EBS to look at the dragees packaging there as well…cheaper than the party shop, but of course, they had different things.

Dropped in to TESCO after that and did some grocery shopping….went to farmfoods next, dropped by 79A Nicolson Street to pick up the KUE forms, left the wig and my ‘charity clothes’ because I had a bit of too much to carry. Last but not least, dropped by my favourite Halal Meat shop. RB. Got a pound of lamb (for my iftar), ½ pound mince and 1 chicken breast, potong kecik kecik!

By the time I got home, it was like 1756 and Maghrib was like 1812. Allright, I went straight to the kitchen and started to mess about, oh… mixed a packet of 3 in 1 Milo for Iftar, I put my lap top volume to max as I have this Athan (Azan) software installed.

I was marinating the lamb when the Call For Prayer boomed out of my speakers. Alhamdulillah….I had some Milo and a samosa. Continued to make couscous and the dish to accompany it. Here’s the recipe I made up for the accompanying dish.


Kambing Masak Ala Arab

Bahan A
Daging kambing (Lamb) 1 pound
Ground garlic 2 table spoon
Cumin 2 table spoon
Ground Corriander 2 table spoon
Fresh ground pepper as u like it
Tomatoes 2 juicy ones

Bahan B
½ onion mayang (cut into strips) ك-can I say that? He he
Paprika 1 ½ table spoon

Heinz Vegetable Soup 1 can
Tomato Sauce to taste

METHOD

1)Bahan B tumis sampai wangi ك-I don’t feel like translating...

2) Bahan A Add in after step 1, stir fry until meat is a bit brownish

3) after step 2, add in the veggie soup, followed by the fresh tomatoes and tomato
ketchup. Bring to boil for about ½ hour to 45 minutes, until meat is REALLY SOFT. Hen add in salt.

Suitable to be eaten with couscous or pilau rice, I think its also suitable to go with Nasi Tomato. C'mon guys...give it a try!



Quite lavish for my Iftar cum dinner.
I’ll write more tomorrow. Irma Vep is calling me…and so is my duvet!!! Oh no, choices that humans have to make!

Wassalam.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home