Wednesday, February 26, 2003

U huh! another day...and today I encountered more human life form...ha ha ha...

it has not been a productive day somehow for me, started out late....

Went to the Fringe Office today, at the Royal Mile. Went there to sort of enquire about some info on the festivals and if they need costume designers during the festival periods. And so, i learnt something new as well today, the Fringe only orgaises the festivals! they dont do any productions of their own. The girl at the info counter gave me numbers of other festival offices, she said they might want to use designers. So, the Fringe only organises the run of the festival and provide techy support. Well....i guess it was worth asking, and maybe the numbers she gave would land myself somewhere else! who knows?

And so, off I went to Gateway. Bringing in the news that i had just discovered to Marina and Jess.

Got to Gateway about 1-ish, my...the costume shop was kinda busy! people were bustling in and out...Panos, Maria, Mario and Tony was on their feet...ironing, finishing up a black tie and going back and forth to the laundry room checking on the washing and drying for The Bans. The cast went in and out....lots of traffic and cursing going about...hmmm...Jess was busy doing up her 40's dress.

Today i brought in my portfolio to show it to Jess, so taht she has kind of an insight what i had done before and showed her an issue of Jelita. How she was kindof amazed with Malaysian Fashion! he he he....Then she was telling me about making her sister's evening dress..and i sketched it out for her. Oh...and of course, i relayed the story of me going to the Fringe Office. Well, she then showed me this email print out. Some company in Leith wants Designers and Assistant Designers..need to email or send CV to the company. Well...its great! just what i need! and so did Marina and Jess too....Well...all this fuss is about getting placements for my MFA projects.

My MFA requires me to work on design projects for a professional portfolio. Need 600 contact hours for it. Writing a dissertation just wont work for me because I prefer to through the creative process and practice my craft. Only if some people would understand, I guess the people in the States would. What I'm doing here is quite vocational. Need to put it to practice and see wether it would work or not...My task now is Stars In The Morning Sky. Well...i'm putting that aside for today because I have to start my short essay for the Research Module. The Exorcist! he he...

I guess thats about it for the night (2224hrs)....need to start with essay...compiling it on Thursday afternoon. Arghhh....and Friday i'm going to Bath....Oh dear...when is ITM putting in my allowances! looks i need to get some help from FAMA again....write to agaiin tomorrow...hmmmm.....Wassalam...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home