Sunday, March 23, 2003

Journal2303

Assalamualaikum

Hmmm…busy busy busy.

Yesterday was Friday (yeah it was) I started the day as usual, still had stomach ache from the day before. It was D-Day for Lorraine and me because it was our final day to do our screening of the Exorcist. Being quite desperate, I even put up an ad on EMSA list! Ha ha!

The outcome: NOBODY CAME AT ALL! So Lorraine and me started dashing around the remainder of people at The Gateway to fill up the questionnaire. Lorraine then told me that Julie wants to meet up at 1300 the nest day (today) at the Leith campus. I agreed because I wanted to get this research project over and done with.

About 5, I met up with cW and Shida and went to Planet Out for a drink. It was my first time entering the Rainbow Owned pub cum disco. We sat down, had Coke and chatted about things that were happening around us. My mom then called, the usual stuff. Then cW and Shida filled up the questionnaire. By 1900 we started talking about food. I guessed that all the 3 of us were so hungry. We started walking to this new Thai restaurant, Thai Me Up in Edinburgh (sounds kinky). The prices…hmmm….was not palatable at all! We then decided to cook, which will satisfy our typical Malaysian tastebuds and also our pockets!

We walked down to Leith Walk towards the Halal Shops. Shida bought 5pounds worth of chicken wings, and I, bought the other ingredients to cook up something, very impromptu I guess. We rushed back to Meadowbank and I started to prepare the stuff to cook.

This was what I made:

Chicken Sambal with Fresh Coriander

Chicken wings }
Chicken spice } marinade and deep fried
Turmeric powder }

Chili powder mixed with water to a paste
Ketchup to taste
1 large onion Cut into rings
4 pips of garlic sliced

1 bunch of coriander chopped

After the chicken had been fried, fry the sliced garlic and onions till fragrant. Add in the chili paste and ketchup. Add in the chopped coriander. Now, mix the fried chicken with the coriander sambal. Cook on low heat for another 5 minutes and serve.

Enjoy!!

Well, after dinner, we sat and chat in the kitchen till about 11 pm then I took the bus straight back to my flat. I logged on checking my email… and received this horrific email from Farah…. a song with a sudden emergence of Regan (the exorcist) screeching away! SHEESH! Was so tired… I fell asleep till 10 am today!!!

I just lazed on bed, finally getting up at 11 and got ready to go to Leith. I got out at 1130 and headed first to this Halal sandwich shop at Nicolson St. Bought a Mexican Chicken Sandwich and got on directly on a no 14 bus and headed to the foot of the Walk.

Walked straight to Leith campus and started looking for Julie and Lorraine. Met them at the refractory. We then discussed about the project and our plan of action. We still had like 11 more questionnaires to be answered. Lorraine and me scoured the campus for people to fill up the questionnaires and we succeeded.

Julie had already prepared a worksheet to put the results together but the disk she had the template would not open on the Uni. Pc. Another set back! Anyway, we decided that all the work is to be divided amongst us again. So Lorraine and me would do up the written part and Julie the graphics part. We are meeting again on Wednesday nest week with lots of things to come up with (further research, etc.)

Since it was such a beautiful day today, I decided to stroll along Leith. Found some interesting shops today. I ended up taking the number 22 to Ocean Terminal. Just walked and reloaded my phone, and bought a CD, My Best Friends Wedding O.S.T.

I then took the bus back to the city center and walked along Princes Street. It was like 10degrees Celsius and the sun was shining. Went in to Burtons. Might buy shoes, quite cheap! 50 pounds for 2 pairs. Need to consult cW or Mahmud…he he he…me, and shoes!

As I walked to the bus stand, I noticed the busses were diverted off from Princes Street. Gosh…what was happening? So, I decided to walk along towards West End to catch the bus. As I walked, I heard police sirens and banging of drums and chants. It was an Anti War walkout. I was quite overwhelmed with what was happening (well, being a homosapien) . Hope the war would end soon.

Wassalam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home