Sunday, March 30, 2003

Assalamualaikum

Sorry for not been blogging in. It had been quite a tiring and tedious week for me.

Well, The Oscars did kick off my week. Saw it live and ended up not sleeping at all (yeah, I fell asleep through part of it) and ended up starting my day at about 2 pm.

Basically, this week had been something for me too. I finally got my HSBC Switch Card. I also sent a parcel back home. I paid 64 pounds. It contained 4 shirts, including a Kenzo shirt, two bridal shawls for my sis, 1 silver plated tray I got at a charity shop that cost me 50p, some hairclips I got at a clearance sale, some Christmas deco-clearance stuff, at 25p each and my dad’s hair cream. Not forgetting a folder of stuff for my sis’s wedding and a mother’s day card for Mak.

The parcel is expected to arrive (in fact, as I am writing this, it had already been cleared by Malaysian Customs) on Monday, 31st of March. Technology nowadays! I could track it from basically anywhere in the world!

This week too, I rushed to finish off the Exorcist project. It is quite confusing though. Confusing in the sense that we’d really did not know what else to be added in to hand up. We met again yesterday, Friday. We basically got pissed off because the printer at Gateway was still broken. Was it because the undergrads who were on Easter break?

Anyway, on Thursday, me, Marina, Jess and Zan met up with Pauline regarding Irma Vepp. Everything is in order. After the meeting, I ran off to Party Mania at West Nicolson Street and bought 2 wigs for the shoot on Monday. I even went to buy some ostrich feathers and pearls to do up some of the wigs. Then, I walked down Southbridge to Sally’s Beauty Supplies and got a dressing comb. I then took the bus back to Leith Walk.

When I reached the Workshop, the production crew was having a meeting next door. I went in just in time to know that I have a wee part in the shooting itself! I’ve a small part as a dresser. I’m going to make a very camp appearance! Anyway, after the meeting, I darted off to the workshop and started dressing one of the wigs to the look of the Victorian era. It was about 5ish then. I decided to just go back and come back the next day to continue my work. Oh yes, it was this day I received my pack from the playhouse!
Gosh, I finally am going to earn some extra cash! Need to fill them out though.

Well, spent Friday with Loz and Julie trying to figure out what else is there to add and do with the Exorcist project. On the bright side, its almost complete! We later went down to Wetherspoon’s (after a depressing attempt to print out the project using the office printer)for a snack and I headed off on my own to the charity shops in Leith to look for white shirts and black pants. No luck, just got one white shirt for 2 pounds. Went to Cash Generator to look at this cd player. To buy or not to buy??? I guess I’ll just wait for my pay and get one. Have to save up for my surprise spree when I get back to Malaysia.

Saturday, March 29, 2003 I went out after Zuhur, intending to look for a pair of black shoes. I took the 86 instead of the 26. The driver then told me that Princes Street was closed for the big Scotland Anti War Demo. Hmm… what the heck, I’ve paid the fare. I got off at Haymarket and walked towards Princes Street. I had earlier on called Mahmud to meet up for lunch at Palmyra. As I was walking towards Princes Street, the crowd was going against my direction. They were going to the Rugby Tournament at Murrayfield. A very big event. Princes Street was already closed at that time to make way for the Demo. The biggest ever to be held in Scotland. As I approached NEXT there were thronging of people going in and out of the store. There was a HALF PRICE SALE…stock clearance! OH MY GOD! Me and sales!…I went in straight to the men’s department to find myself amidst so many people. The shirts was of course from last season, but it’s like so cheap!
I did not buy anything though, just looked at the shoes.

I went ahead to Burtons, this store really is suitable with my budget and they have very good quality goods and they keep up with the current fashion trends. I looked for a black shirt for my shoot, nothing to my liking except for he one at Top Man. The shoes, 2 for 50 quids…I really like the brown leather sneakers. Did not buy anything because I needed a second opinion. I walked out of Burtons. As I headed for north bridge, I saw the on waiting crowd of Anti War demonstrators. I waited by the curb of Princes Street and North Bridge. I waited to see and feel the emotion and energy of the protestors. I even took photographs. I was overwhelmed to see the spirits of the people of Scotland standing united against the war. Personally, I still think (it is a fact anyway) that the war is wrong. It is ok with me to get Saddam out of the way, but why do you have to put up with all the crap just to gain something personal. The demonstration was also partly on behalf of the distressed Palestinians whom their land was taken over by the Israeli’s.

On the whole, the Demo was not only to voice out protest on the on going war, but, also on world peace. Being a Malaysian, I know what peace means. It is quite depressing to see how people suffer! Especially the people of Iraq and Palestine. They also suffer unrest in their own country. May Allah protect the Iraqis and Palestinians, and give all Muslims the strength to go through this ordeal.

After I had watched and sip in the atmosphere, I walked across the Bridges and met up with Mahmud infront of the Old College. We met up for lunch and later went to the charity shops along the street. We then, walked all the way down to Princes Street again to Burtons and to Next where I finally bought, a pair of black pointed shoes. We decided that the shoes at Top Man, Next and River Island is not to our consumption. For Muslims that is. The lining is made of pig skin! (Kul Babs)….pity them..cant get my money! LOL!

That’s it I guess. Next week is going to be tiring as I will start officially with Stars. Hope I have the time to update my blog.

Cheers.

Wassalam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home