Monday, January 05, 2004

KENDURI KAHWIN (4/01/04)


Well, planning to go St James to buy the i250 canon inkjet printer but at about half past 12, on a grey Sunday, Kak Fiza called, there was to be a meeting at Kak Rose’s
house in Mussleburgh.

And so, I chucked aside whatever was planned earlier because I felt I had this obligation to call upon Kak Rose’s house as she is the mother figure for Malaysians here in Edinburgh. I got there at about 3 30 with my flat mate, Zam. We thought we were late, but actually the meeting was still on. Kamil passed me the working paper for the wedding reception of Anne and Nani, as I went thru the list of committee member’s, I spotted my name under the heading of LAUK DAN MEJA PENGANTIN. Aiyoooo….masak lauk pengantin? Ok la….my team consists of Kak Fiza and Syafiq (siapa, I don’t know, haven’t met this guy yet). Well, I’m game.

Kak Rose consulted me regarding the types of dishes we would prepare for the main table, and she also showed me the serviette napkins for the main table. Well, I guess I’ve got to divide my time properly now, and write down or print out all the recipes
Needed, list down the ingredients and send it off to Kak Rose.

oh yes, the reception would be on the 17th at the Inch Community Centre, Liberton.

The rest of the day was spent eating nasi lemak, sambal udang petai, sambal kentang, roti kirai etc and also watching vcd’s of weddings……

Uncle Duncan (Kak Rose’s hubby) sent us back at about 6-ish.

That was my 1st Sunday of 2004.

Slept early last night, at about 9, probably due to the nasi lemak etc. Woke up to go to the toilet at about 3 am, and cant sleep. I felt melancholic…hmmmm….why??? started sending text messages to my mom, just to comfort myself, and eventually fell asleep and woke up at 8 30!!!

Today (5/1/04), I would definitely go to St James, get the stuff I needed and start off doing my journals for my projects. Would update later. Oh, btw, was online with Jess in Surrey earlier on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home