Monday, January 19, 2004

WEDDING

Well, I got busy on Friday, started off by going to ASDA and bought remaining stuff for the big cook out. After Friday prayers, I went to get the chicken and chicken liver from Bismillah, a halal meat shop.

Only at about 3 pm did I arrive at Kak Fiza،¦s house. I started work with the cherry tomatoes, trying to make roses out of them, but my attempts were foiled due to the condition of the knife. Later on that evening, Zam and I peeled onions and garlic and I machined them fine into paste. By this time, Kak Fiza had already cooked the chicken liver, yummy! I slept at about 1230am that morning. Oh yes, I also managed to do 2 bridal bouquets for Anne and Nani.

Woke up at about 8 am and after washing up, we started the cook out with the chicken. We improvised the Ayam Golek recipe to suit the occasion. The cook out went fine and later on Syafiq came to help. He did the watermelon and honeydew dish. We then decorated and did the food presentation.

The Menu for the Main Table

1. Ayam Golek (decorated with an egg as the chicken head)
2. udang mahkota alam (prawns on pineapple)
3. udang bungkus and sweet sour dip
4. sayur campur
5. nasi minyak


For the reception, I wore a white baju melayu leher sejari, samping songket minang and songkok Johor. As usual, I was the centre of attraction!!! Thanks to my 5،¨ songkok Johor! ƒ؛

I was also asked to perform something that night, I wanted to do the Terinai Negeri Sembilan, but I did an excerpt of the Zapin Johor instead. I used a bunga pahar as my hand prop, as the song came to the end, the egg stuck onto the bunga telur just popped out from its netting case and flew across the floor،K..and everyone laughed،KI did as well،KI just smiled!

I،¦ll continue with the other happenings of the wedding later, need to call my mom.

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home