Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Eid?? - Sambungan



click here to read previous entry.


Hurm. ITM days were fun. I remembered it when it was nearing Eid and I was in my final semester. The radio was near my sewing machine (yes, each final year student is allocated one industrial sewing machine) and so I started playing Eid Songs in the workshop, much to the annoyance to some. hehehe. Then there would be that particular time where I would try and sew my baju raya, camouflaging the baju raya as the Pattern Drafting class project.. hehehe.

I remembered too when I first fasted at ITM. The first day, right after class, I went to the PARAM at Kompleks PKNS and bought Tepung Pelita and took the 222 back to Asia Jaya. With the usual jam and all, Alhamdulillah I got home on time. Paling penyegan pi terawih was when I was in ITM. HEHEHEHE. I guess when one is around 18 - 22 years of age, U kind of rebel with oneself. tah ler.

It was a memorable Ramadan too in 1996 where my seniors, namely Ema (Rahim) who had to shoot his photography assignments for his final year portfolio was done during that month. He managed to get a sponsor for the bridal shots that he took as his subject matter. Ras did the make up, I dressed up the models. It was fun. The shoot would take off at about 3 pm and went on till 10 pm. So, we had Iftar a few times at the photo department. Memories.

And, there was this group of crazy college kids who went for Iftar at Pizza Hut at the Bukit Raja Mall. The chief had a car, her sidekick wore braces, two sisters and one thin-specked-queer raided that fateful Pizza Hut outlet. The story is, that year, Pizza Hut had this offer for ALL YOU CAN EAT PIZZA for a certain fee. Hurm. Interesting. So this group of crazy college kids decided to drop in Jusco, bought a BIG PLASTIC container to, ehem, PACK THE 'LEFTOVERS'. heheheh. And so, the wiatress would bring a pan-full of fresh pizza everytime the pan on the table is empty, alas... there were 5 of us, and how cud the 5 of us finish a pan of pizza in lezz than 2 minutes?? EASY! pack 3/4 of the pizza into the tupperware, wait for 5 minutes and ask the wiatress for another pan. HAHAHA. GILA TAK GILA! we ended up with quite a heavy tupperware!ngehngeh. The best part of that particular outing was, challenging anyone in the group to bring back the PAPRIKA DISPENSER along with the pizzas. And the ring leader, now a wedding photographer in a state up north, snatched the TROPHY for the night and displyed it on her dashboard. I miss that car with the KX plate.

Time went by. My final semester included Ramadan and Eid. It was a memorable one too.
Besides cutting and sewing my own baju Melayu, I was kind of like in a situation where erm.. *BIARLAH RAHSIA* . I was really happy and being me, taking the opportunity to be a drama queen about it. Hiks. That Ramadan I was busy with my final year projects, no time for extra ibadah's especially the Terawih. Unlike when I was sitting for my SPM. hurm.

After finishing, I was doing freelance work. Thanks to Center Stage Performing Arts where I was nurtured. That Ramadan of 1420 (2000) I did two big projects, one was a fashion show and the other was a walk about distributing balloons at Mid Valley Megamall. They just opened that year. THAT WAS A LOOOOOTT of FUN! The walk about theme was Dessert Travelers. Oh I had FUN FUN FUN. I think I did perform the terawih a few times. hurm.

What ever the situation is, I try my very best to fulfill my obligation as a servant of ALLAH. I have to fast as my for fathers had. I always find that fasting is FUN and look forward for Iftar. Even though I was away for 2 Ramadans in the UK, I tried my very best to fast.

For me, Fasting is all about correcting oneself. There is no need to be a hypocrite, apa lagi dengan ALLAH Subhanawataala. Dah le DIA yang menjadikan kita, bagi kita oksigen, takkan tak boleh spare sebulan dalam setahun untuk DIA. Dalam sebulan ni lah masa untuk kita ingatkan akan kebesaranNYA sepanjang masa, 60-24-7-12-265. Iftar juga bukan lagi menjadi agenda utama. Pada saya, biarlah sedikit, tapi cukup untuk memberikan tenaga. Tahun ni sedaya upaya saya cuba mengelakkan dari berbuka diluar. Walaupun ke PARAM, namun, berbuka dirumah dengan Mak dan Bapak menjadi keutamaan. Entah tahun depan mereka ada lagi atau tidak. Wallahualam. Mak Bapak kita ni satu je dalam dunia ni. Harapan saya Ramadan 1427 ni adalah untuk saya membetulkan diri saya dan sedaya upaya mendekatiNYA.

Saya rasa, setiap muslim harus ada fokus dalam menempuhi Ramadan. BArulah ia menjadi motivasi untuk memajukan diri. Tapi dalam berjaga-jaga tu, ada jugak terbabas. Saya sendiri tak tahu nak kata apa. Tapi saya tanggung keterbabasan itu sendiri. Be responsible for myself.

Akhir Ramadan, menjelmalah Syawal. Syawal. Syawal. Syawal. Hari Raya. Hari meraikan kemenangan. Menang ke? Wallahu alam. Kemenangan yang ALLAH sahaja tahu. Saya kenal diri saya, saya tahu diri saya, jadi, layak ke saya sambut Eid? apakah kemenangan yang saya perolehi? Semoga diberi petunjuk olehNYA.

Layak ke aku nak sambut Eid? Apakah Eid? Apakah pengisiannya? adakah sekadar sambutan untuk meraikan sebulan berpuasa? atau, adakah ia juga satu ibadah yang sering di'over look'? Kenapa dalam Ramadan boleh kita boleh jadi 'baik' tapi lopeh je gema takbir yang memuji Illahi, segala yang berlalu dalam sebulan itu dilupakan? tsk tsk.

Adakah Eid = ketupat, baju baru, duit raya, kuih raya, tengok tv ??? Silalah komen. tq.

Semoga kita semua layak menyambut Eid. Diri sendiri tentukan.

Jazakallahu Khair

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 04, 12:29:00 AM 2006, Blogger Red Mummy said...

pada akak Eid is di mana:

yang putus akan bersambung

yang masam akan bermanis muka

yang silap dijadikan kemaafan

dan yang penting...ukhwah sesama kita.

ada anak durhaka pada ibunya setahun yang lampau, kerna engga memohon maaf, Eid pembuka bicara

ada isteri juga durhaka pada suaminya kerana Eid juga merapat sembah

akak tidak mahu keduanya yang di atas terjadi pada akak, tapi sebagai insan biasa...Eid juga memberi laluan akak untuk memohon kemaafan.

membaca cerita ITM fifi, membuat akak terkenang sangat memories yang sama...kita anak ITM.

 
At Wed Oct 04, 01:14:00 AM 2006, Blogger LeeZ said...

tudiah!!! past tense ramadhans katanyerr... hikss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home